Health & Safety
Xtreme.ie is committed to meeting the highest standards of health and safety in order to ensure the provision of safe adventure and team building activities. We operate a proactive safety management system to ensure that we provide the safest possible environment for participants at our sites.
Our industry leading investment in health and safety includes the following core areas:
• Membership of industry representative bodies including the European Ropes Course Association (ERCA);
• Operation of our ropes courses to ERCA Operational Standards;
• Compliance with Irish health and safety legislation including the preparation of risk assessments for all of our activities and Safety Statements for individual sites;
• Appointment of an independent Health and Safety Advisor who holds a Masters in Health and Safety, is a Chartered Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety & Health as well as being a member of a mountain rescue team and who has been advising us on health and safety since 2006;
• Appointment of an independent Technical Advisor who is a Mountain Instructor Award (MIA) holder (the highest award for an outdoor instructor) and who is both an accredited trainer and inspector with the ERCA;
• CPD programme for our instructors including the following training courses: First aid; Child Protection; Equipment safety inspections; Single Pitch Climbing Award; ERCA Traditional High Ropes and Rescue course; and Work at Height training;
• All of our high ropes instructors hold the ERCA Traditional High Ropes and Rescue qualification;
• External safety audits and inspections including: Independent ERCA annual ropes course inspection; Independent health and safety audit of all premises and activities; and Independent tree inspections by qualified tree surgeons for our tree-top activity areas;
• Internal safety audits and inspections including: Quarterly safety equipment and ropes course inspections; and Safety spot checks on instructors.
Safety is pivotal to what we do and we are constantly striving to ensure continual improvement in health and safety. However, participants in adventure activities are reminded that while the benefit of participation in adventure activities far outweighs the risks, there can still be a residual risk of injury.
The reputation of Xtreme.ie is built on and depends on putting safety first at all times!